From:
Judy Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 15:10:01 -0000
Hi..

Just wanted to touch base with everyone about the 1st annual Ferret Fair in
NC.  We do have the Show Packets available for mailing now, you can Email
us and we can send one to you in Email, or you can request one and we will
send it via snail mail.  We are checking in to the Motels as of today, but
I would like to know how many of you will need rooms for the 17th and the
18th, and if you might need them more than the 2 days.  This way we wont
have to block all the rooms for both days if not needed to, so Please, as
this is very important for us to get this information ASAP.

We want everyone that can sponsor a ring to Please send for a sponsor
packet.  also there is Advertising space available.  We need you to help
support the Western Carolina Ferret Club, so that we can have these shows
in the future.  This is A great opportunity for all of you, so Please email
us for your Requests.  We are going to have all 4 Local TV networks plus 3
of the area newspapers here to do the story on the Show.  We also have a
News media from another country that will be doing a TV segment about the
show here in NC.  AS you can see there will be a lot of media, so we want
to make sure that Ferrets are in the Good Spotlight, and maybe some
politician that's sees this will see how ferrets are very good pets and
the best pets to have.

North Carolina General Assembly Representative, Edgar V. Starnes wrote to
the shelter here after the Local ABC TV Station did a story on the shelter,
Saying Quote " You provide a wonderful service for folks in your area who
might be interested in being a ferret owner and also for those who can no
longer care for a ferret" he went on to say that "They make wonderful pets
and I commend you on your adoption and rescue program."unquote.  It goes to
show you that there are some good politicians there that are willing to
help everyone out.

Again, please get the requested information to us as soon as you can, and
thank you all for your help and Support.

Western North Carolina Ferret Shelter,Rescue & Club
Judy & Gary Skinner
3219 Oran Yount Ln
Granite Falls, NC 28630
828-396-8117