From:
Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 09:24:41 -0800
>From:    Penny LePage <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Colloidal Silver

In researching colloidal silver myself, I started with the FDA.  Its their
reason for existance after all to test whether food and drugs are safe for
people and animals.  Went to their search page...

http://www.fda.gov/search.html

Looked for silver because colloidial silver folks make a LOT of claims
about medicinal uses of silver.

OKay in the October 1998 list of bad reactions to over the counter
'supplements' E'Ola Liquid Silver caused at least one case of " Insomnia,
hallucinations, and hyperactivity".  That product contains colloidal
silver.  Colloidal silver from Silver Oz caused at least one case of
"Vomiting and lethargy, treated at hospital for dehydration".

E'Ola Silver which might not be the same as E'Ola Liquid Silver - the list
didn't mention ingredients in E'Ols Silver caused "liver failure requiring
liver transplant".

With Ameriflex Colloidal Silver from Absolute Technologies, "mother took
product breastfed baby and he immediately started vomiting."

Jurasic 72 Colloidal Mineral Liquid from Silverado International caused
"nausea, diarrhea, headache"

Won't go through the lists for other months.

But the most important find for me was from the FDA's Center for
Veterinary Medicine.

http://www.fda.gov/cvm/fda/infores/updates/silver.html

In an article titled "COLLOIDAL SILVER NOT APPROVED" from February 1997...

    "FDA is not aware of any substantial scientific evidence that
    "supports the safe and effective use of colloidal silver
    "ingredients or silver salts for any animal disease condition."

Along with the other articles, this convinces us that we won't be
'poisoning' our ferrets.  Ferrets show an amazing propsenisty to cure
themselves at times despite our worst efforts.  Other times ferrets slip
away quickly.

-bill
--
bill and diane killian