From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 May 2004 21:36:54 -0500
With my new ferret, I bought Marshall food and litter based on the pet
store's recommendations.  In my extensive reading since Rocky joined
the family, I have found many different recommendations for litter and
food, but haven't seen anyone (other than marshall) recommend marshall
products.  Is there a reason for this?  They certainly seem to meet all
the basic nutritional and litter requirements I see described everywhere.

Also, I had initially gone with the theory that I should not change the
ferret litter/bedding from what he's used to, but I read somewhere
recently that you should change food on a ferret often when he's young,
so that as he gets older, he'll be less picky.  (basically.  Something
to do with burning out olfactory sensors or such if you don't give them
variety when young) Is there any truth to that?  Should I be varying the
foods, or mixing different brands together?

Thanks!

Steve

[P.S.] "And Another Thing..."
I recently purchased a tube of ferret vite and at the time the
sales-clerk said that it also acted somewhat as a laxative / hairball
remedy.  Is this true, or do I still need some kind of a separate
hairball remedy to feed to my new kit?

Thanks!