From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 10:57:31 -0500
>Eudora dropped quote marks on me again in the posts that appeared today!
>Please, don't confuse my remarks with those of the Killians or of
>Danielle...
>
>Now, I am trying inserting capitalized "Start Quote" and "End Quote"
>statements.  That's why they are there, Bill!...
>
>I am not schizophrenic, LOL!  The reason it sounds like several people
>wrote what was in those posts was because several people DID, but my
>program dropped the quote marks once again...
>
>At 1:45 PM -0500 12/15/01, Risa wrote:
>>They go to a vet clinic where they can be operated on by people training

THANK YOU you so very much, Bill (BIG)!  It's obvious that the glitch or
bug in my program was causing as much confusion for you as for everyone
else.  It's been annoying the heck out of me because something will be
readable when it goes out but then when it appears on list it's been
impossible or nearly impossible to tell what I wrote as opposed to what
was being quoted.  In my "out" box the stuff looks fine, but then it
apparently strips quote marks on sending.  Now, it seems that "START
QUOTES"/"END QUOTES" works because the lines appeared as quotes but
without the words yesterday.  Since i expect that was due to you putting
in extra time, don't worry.  Others can figure that out from the words
rather than you having to insert a mark on each line for me.  You already
work so hard.  I extend apologies for all the confusion and frustration
this problem has caused people; as you can imagine it has annoyed and
frustrated me as well.  [BIG says: gotta go over it anyhow so why not
take out the extra words.]

Lisette wrote:
>boxes stacked inside each other that I had never used.  I had stored them
>on the top shelf of a closet a good seven feet in the air.
>
>I just pulled the litter boxes down and I am staring in disbelief.  The
>top litter box has dozens of dried up ferret poopies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Astro-turd!

>Thank You for correcting me.  Since laws do change with out other states
>knowing, I know if I was wrong somebody would let me know.  I was not
>trying to flame any state or person or start trouble.  I was only wanting
>to share a letter I received from the Gov. of California & Dept of Fish &
>Game.
>
>... I took the info as gospel since it was a good source where I
>obtained the info.

I can't recall the source you used.  If your dad then just a town one
that was out of date, if the CA bureaucrats then they have been known
to say false stuff before in relation to other states.  They list NJ
as having restrictions on ferrets even though it's just that we have
inexpensive permits that can be bought from petty cash for
non-breeders/non-sellers/non-shelters, and other reasonable permits for
other folks.  Those aren't restrictions in the way their materials imply.
They printed that one of the New England states had shore birds killed by
ferrets when that wasn't true; I asked the appropriate F&G expert in the
state mentioned and was told that they have been trying to get that fake
quote, which was totally created in CA as far as they could tell, dropped
for a long time.  The CA people asked the man I spoke with back then IF it
was possible that IF a ferret which knew how to hunt got loose in a colony
of nesting shorebirds IF it might kill off chicks, and the New England
expert said that if all the "IFs" were met then it might be possible.
The CA people turned that into a mention of it having happened and being
a real threat.  Have lost my letters on that now and have even forgotten
which state it was, but expect that they exist elsewhere since I got the
info and contact information out afterward, and also because other
ferret-community people asked him, if memory serves.  Of course, the
chain of falsehoods goes on too long to list...