From:
Bjxrn Djupvik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 01:43:58 +0200
Hi!  I was out walking my ferret in the park the other day, and as usual
he dug himself a nice hole in the ground and crawled around a bit.  When
I got home I notice his left front leg had swelled up.  A few hours later
his right front leg was all swelled up as well, and the skin has a deep
red colour.  I went to the vet today, he gave the ferret a shot of
cortison, I am still waiting for the effect of this.  I suspect he may
have been bitten by a wasp or a spider or something nasty while digging..
Can anyone share their experiences with something like this?  what can I
do to make the swelling from an insect bite go away?  He can hardly walk,
and he just sleeps all day.  He eats/poops/drinks fine and he has no
fever.

Any help to (preferably) my email-addy or the list would be appreciated.

-Bjorn