From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 18:30:13 EDT
Epcot and Clover, 2 of the ferrets from the operation SAFE rescue who now
live in Massachusetts, would like to say a special farewell to that most
special ferret, Zeus.  Not goodbye, but we'll meet again someday...au
revoir big guy...

And from their human...
Operation SAFE was an amazing rescue.  I remember reading about it on the
fml 2 years ago and looking at the website photos--all those carriers and
cages neatly lined up in the rental truck, each with a different colored
blanket, waiting to take the little ones to their new homes.  I was very
impressed by how the Florida (and other) folks all pulled together to help
these 54(!!) ferrets out, dividing them up among different homes and
shelters.  By the time the fml-10 reunion rolled around, some of the little
ones were ready for adoption, and I went to Florida with the intention of
bringing one back with me.

When I met some of these people in person, I was even more impressed by how
everyone worked together to help these little ones.  A lot of credit goes
to all the people who organized this rescue and then worked with the
ferrets afterwards, as they had never been socialized.  By the time I met
Epcot, he was already a well-behaved little guy (with a strong passion for
shoes and toes).

So little Epcot, who was a stowaway at DisneyWorld for a day or two, flew
back on a plane with me.  Two months later, thanks to Ferrets Across
America, little Clover came up from Florida to join Epcot in his
Massachusetts home.  It is really heartwarming how many people from all
over pulled together to help these 50+ ferrets out.

Epcot (and his more outgoing pal Roxanne, originally from Lorraine's Mass.
shelter) had a wonderful time at the Ferretwise Picnic in NH this weekend.
Actually, Epcot and Roxanne slept through most of it, but I had a very nice
time (thanks to Alicia, Dino and all the other wonderful NH folks who put
together a great event--couldn't have asked for better weather!).  It was
wonderful to see old friends and also meet some fml-ers!

On a related note, I strongly urge people to consider going to Toronto in
2000.  The Florida reunion was a wonderful experience and I know the
Toronto reunion will be too!

Ronnie in Mass.