From:
Kim Schilling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 14:40:51 EDT
Lisette wrote:
>Petco has all the Dummies books in it but Kim's.  We really need that book
>at the pet stores badly.  Any chance of that??  They are being sold at the
>front of the store-a lovely display of Dummies books.  Just missing Ferrets
>for Dummies.

Lisette, the book was actually published a month earlier than originally
scheduled because Petco (corporate) demanded that all their stores have
it for some sort of ferret awareness week (almost an oxymoron with Petco
involved...) they're having in November.  Every Petco store will
supposedly carry it, but to be honest, I'm not sure if the book is actually
"available" on shelves yet.  I mean, I know you can order it through
bookstores and online, but I think most books are still "on order" for the
pet supply stores and book stores.  Not sure if Petco is just holding onto
them in the back for their promotion.  BUT, I'd love to know when people do
start seeing it in stores.  Apparently, I'm the last to know these things.
I just received my 20 books a few days ago - I was supposed to get them
before they were available to the public.  Had I not ordered the books for
the Chicago Show, I never would have seen it before some of you did.

Publishers........ <sigh>.  Anyway, Lisette, thanks for your support and
vote of confidence!

Kim Schilling and the Zoo
www.animalsforawareness.org
Come join my list for lovers of critters
in the procyonidae and viverridae families!
www.egroups.com/group/procoyonid_viverrid