From:
April Armstrong Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:19:01 -0500
Hi.  I can also highly recommend the Worcester Cat Hospital and Bird
Clinic, Drs.  Tara Temple and Nancy O'Leary.  I also work there, so I see
behind the scenes and have learned to trust even more their expertise
with ferrets, too!  They are great, see a lot of ferrets, and lots of
Tufts students do rotations at our hospital b/c we are one of the few
"exotics" hospitals around.  (We also see birds and reptiles.) They both
really know what they're doing with ferrets, and I take all five of mine
there (and two others before they passed on), and I will continue to see
them even if I stop working there.

Dr. Charles Innis at Westboro VCA is good with ferts, too, and of course,
Dr. Karen Purcell in Everett (who gave me Dr. Innis as a referral once
upon a time, too) is quite ferret-knowledgable.

Dr. Tracey Ritzman at Angell Memorial in Boston is also wonderful (she
took care of one of mine, who had to be admitted there for an emergency
ultrasound in September); there is another great ferret vet there, too,
but his name is eluding me at the moment.

I was also given Dr. Yvonne Oppenheim's name when I lived closer to her
Brookline office.

Hope that helps!

-April