Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:51:11 -0400
Dear Mr. Owings,

I have been reading your posts on the FML for over a year now.  I debated
with myself before writing this post.  Please, this in not intended as a
flame.  I am however very concerned about the ferrets in your care.

In answer to your question it is NOT normal for a ferret to disappear for
even a day at a time.

I honestly beleive you care a great deal for your ferrets.  I would like
to honestly suggest that your home may not be the best or safest place
for them to be in.

In the last several months you have fallen on and killed two and this is
the second one you have lost in the last month.  I know from first hand
experience that accidents can happen to anyone, even two in a row.  But
this is 4 in a very short period of time.

Are your ferrets freee roam without supervision?  Maybee caging and free
time with supervision would help your problem of losing ferrets.  Even if
the ferrets eventualy return, I beleive, that has been luck on their part
and not good care giving on yours.

Again, this is not a flame.  I am truly concerned for the ferrets in your
care.  I respectfuly ask that you reconsider the way you care for your
ferrets or get a less demanding, less accident prone animal to take care
of.

HappyTails,
Karen and the Scruff You Gang