Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 13:19:26 -0500
Hi,

I read with interest Sukies information on ferret allergies.  Good stuff,
thanks so much.

When I wrote about how I personally handle allergies I was not suggesting
that it would work for everyone.  If there is a respiratory element, by
all means, find new homes for your fuzzies.  What I was saying was that
if there was no immediate danger of dying, this is something to try.
My allergy is just gross, not life threatening.  I was hoping that the
information would be able to help anyone in my situation.  Daily Alegra
and handwashing, plus Desonide ointment as needed works for me.  But
again, I do not have any respiratory problems associated with the
ferrets, so I chose to put up with the allergy and continue to love
and cuddle my ferrets.

Thanks again to Sukie, who pointed out some very important things that I
left out.  Really great information, thank Sukie.

Shelley