Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 00:16:30 -0600
Hello All,
Ferret math again and a short update.  Meeko is doing well after her
adrenal surgery.  Has been a month and is getting stronger every day.
My new baby Rambo (4 pounds no less) is still a biter but now we know why.
He seems to be patially deaf and is startled if approa- ched from behind.
Now he kisses not all the time but is getting better.  Found out he was
deaf or at least hard of hearing when I rang a bell for Gnome and Rambo
didn't move until his cagemate stood up.  Clap- ped my hands behind him and
he didn't even flinch.  So now we are care- ful how we approach him and
Rambo is doing great.

Now would like a little advice and moral support.  Picked up a new little
girl.  A gorgeous cinnamon named pooh.  She was left at a no kill shelter
and turned into a ferocios biting ferret.( the owner kissed and hugged her
before she was given up.) Went to a ferret rescue shelter bit the hubby
and then bit the owner in the calf.  I mean bit and left a bruise as well
as 4 DEEP tooth holes.  The shelter owner called me and asked if I knew of
anyone and I said aw why not.  Any way pooh seems to be terribly stressed.
Will keep her a permanent resident as I don't want her to be moved again.
Niether did the shelter owner.  All of her permanent babies were biters
or ill.  So she wanted this to be poohs last move as did I.  Pooh attacked
the other ferrets in the shelter but has not tried to (yet I hope) here.
Seems to want to play.  Will not let her out until tomorrow when she can
be out by herself.  She stands upright in her cage and acts like she wants
to play.  My other 7 kids have visited her cage and climbed all over it
wanting her to come out and play.  So, Please, anyone who has had or has an
agressive biter.  Please send me your ideas whether they worked or not.  I
want this baby to succeed here.  I know time and love are the best antidote
for anxiety separation.  But may need other ideas.  The previous owner was
uh lets just say the lady liked her toddies.  Alot of them.  Could it be
possible the furbaby wants a beer?  Sorry this was so long.

Gracie and the Menagerie
Meeko.....Gimme my fur.
Duncan......Thats my furby!
Odie.........Ferretone yummy
Honey......Wanna toes now
Adidas.....Lemme in da cupboard
Gnome....Wanna fight or run
Rambo....What did you say?
Pooh.......did you say Honey?

p.s.  hey skeeter say hi and give B.J. and Nike a hug.  Sure do miss