From:
Juliana Quadrozzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 22:02:04 -0500
>From:    Tanya M Vestal <[log in to unmask]>
>Boomer has figured out how to open cupboard doors...Any suggestions on how
>to keep him out?

I found a perfect solution for this problem.  My little Friday the 13th, the
Twiggy of all weasels, could even get into a cabinet w/standard child-proof
catches.  We found the REV-A-LOCK magnetic locking system.  It's attached
inside the cabinet & door (can't be seen from the outside) & locks when the
door is closed.  It comes w/ a magnet that looks like a knob.  To open the
door, just put the magnet on the front of door over the place where the
locking system is installed on the other side & it trip the lock open.  When
the door is closed it's locked flush in place & there's no way to open it
without the magnet - you'd have to rip the door off the hinges to open it
w/out the magnet.  The locks are sold separately from the magnets.  We
bought 2 magnets, just in case the weasels decided to play soccer w/one.
The locks cost around $5-$6 each 6 years ago (believe me they are worth it).
You can probably find them is better hardware stores & specialty home gadget
catalogs.

Juliana Quadrozzi - Georgia Domestic Ferret Association (GDFA)
Frodo, Rocks, Anola Gay, SNAFU, FUBAR, Tabu, Chaos, & Tuxedo - Yup, they
really work - darn