From:
"Michael Dutton, DVM, DABVP" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 16:48:14 -0400
**The advice dispensed by myself in reference to FML postings is not meant
to supplant the advice of veterinarians who are in charge of the patient.
If the patient is not currently under the care of a veterinarian, the client
is recommended to take their ferret to one.**

>From:    Celia Varga <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: help for a sick fuzzbutt..
>Hi!  I have a friend who has a very sick fuzzy..
>-Celia
  and
>From Dee([log in to unmask])
>Help!  I am at my wits end!  Earl is sick and the vet can't come up with a
>diagnosis.

Weak rear legs always makes me think insulinoma.  Have the vet check a
fasting blood sugar.

>From:    Becki Kain <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ear wax
>Nero, my ruby eyed yellow , has had this horrible ear wax, ear mud (more
>like it problem) all his life, but really only in one ear.  the other one is
>pretty clean and none of the other five have anything in their ears

A lot of waxy ears are really low grade ear infections.  I usually start
them on Tresaderm (a prescription medicine) and treat twice daily for 2
(maybe 3) weeks.  Helps most of them.

>From:    Adrienne Goldsmith <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Insulinoma
>I currently have a 5-6 year old female, who over the past 6 months to a year
>has been exhibiting signs of insulinoma.  Over this time period though, the
>symptoms have

Sure, happens a lot. Still would consider treating although sporadic.

Mike Dutton, DVM, DABVP
Weare Animal Hospital
Weare, NH, USA