From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 15:27:48 -0400
Also, not all of the references are correct.  There's an oft-quoted one
that used my name without permission, and attached it to falsehoods which
were completely different from what I had found and had mentioned on the
FML.  This was back when I was compiling how the various states were
reacting to the changes in the Compendium of Animal Rabies Control.  Heard
at the time from an assortment of people who had suffered similar problems
with that site.  What I finally had to do was threaten to sue with the
suggested potential punishment being donated services to charitable efforts
in this area since the people with the web page lack funds and figure
that protects them from suits.  It's a useful option and a kind one.
They actually are NOT supposed to have my name attached to anything they
do and hopefully will be wise enough to stick to that.

The AFA has historically done marvelous work on legislative aspects, so I
expect they will be the best bet for accuracy in general, though they will
NOT be as up-to-date as the localized sites will be for their own areas
such as NYC or CA.  You can trust sites like those normally.  I would not
trust automatically if accuracy is desired, esp.  with a certain site the
original poster mentioned.  DO check references.