From:
Trish Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:15:53 -0700
Hello.  I m writing to let everyone know that Merry had her surgery
today to remove an irregular soft tissue mass found by her abdomen.
(forgive the cross post if you already read this on the FHL)  There were
complications when they were operating and found that the tissue mass
was attached to her intestines.  They removed the mass & part of her
intestines in case it was cancerous.  Merry is now staying over night at
the vet's office so they can monitor her.  I am very concerned and am
praying that her organs that were affected are able to mend and that
she'll be her feisty little self again.  This vet's office came highly
recommended but I didn t get the vet that was recommended directly.  I am
a little concerned because this vet tells us the scenario and gives all
these options but leaves every decision open ended instead of telling us
what she thinks is best.  They called in the middle of the surgery to
tell us about the complications.  Is this normal?  Was there some decision
to be made by us?  I am glad that she gives me options but this doesn't
leave me feeling very confident.  There was never any evidence that this
was going to be harmful and now I wonder if I made the right decision.
I'm hoping that Merry is ok tonight and it hurts that I can't be there to
comfort her.  She is on pain medication and has a sleep sack and blankie
from home.  Sweet Meridoc, we all love you very much.

 Trish ~ Merry, Pippin & Zira