From:
Tarra C Lindborg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 1994 12:52:53 -0600
Well, although my story isn't exactly ferret related, I wanted to share
it with my friends, my support group, on the FML.

As some of you may know, we have... had... two siberian huskies.  Mamma
and son, Matty and Timber.  Timber was four months old.

Last week Monday morning we awoke to find that our kennel had been broken
into and our dogs were gone.  The reason we know they were taken or let
out is because it is always kept securely locked.  The lock still has not
been found.

After searching for them, the dog catcher said they had recieved a call
on our dogs and we should go get them.  Upon arriving at the home where
our dogs were, we were informed that they had been "taken care of".  They
were the most gentle dogs, people lovers, and very quiet, they wooed and
didn't ever bark.  There were tags on their collars, but we recieved no
call...  The woman said they were dead and buried in the back yard.  I
went histarical and started screaming...  She finally told us to go get
them for the back yard and get out of there.

We found Matty in a locked rabbit cage, about the same size as she.  She
had been stuffed in there and shot point blank in the head.  The pup was
still alive most likely, but wouldn't leave his mother.  We couldn't find
him anywhere.

Later, the sheriff and Matt scaled a fence to find Timber's body shot
four times, in the rump, in the ribs, in the head.  The frothed blood
coming out his nose and mouth led us to the conclusion that he definatly
suffered before they fatally shot him in the head.

These people, we found out, are drug dealers and users, and were most
likely, "loaded" to commit such a brutal act.  They are being sued and
charged with several charges, including animal cruelty.  We live three
blocks away from these people and fear our ferrets and other pet's lives
as well as our own.  We have been warned that they will "get revenge".

I don't know why this had to happen.  I loved those dogs with all my heart.

I will keep you posted.

Tarra Lindborg and Matt Hartl