From:
Robynn McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 17:18:54 -0400
I for one am interested in getting this video for my ferret club's library,
and to let my vet (although very experienced in ferret surgeries) borrow it
if he wishes, especially for the cryo procedure which interests me a great
deal.

I had a question however.  I noticed the video is a hefty $195.  This
would make it the most expensive video I've ever purchased.  I'm not saying
that it's not necessarily worth the cost, but I'm curious why it is so
expensive?  If the funds raised from the sale of this video will go towards
more research in the study of ferret diseases and surgery techniques then
I'm all for it, but perhaps there should be some statement made as to that
fact.  I think it would help sales of the video immensely for that reason.

Not that Dr. Weiss isn't entitled to make some profit off of his knowledge
and hard work, but since it says the video contains footage of actual
hospital cases, didn't those people pay to have their surgeries done?  In
which case Dr. Weiss would be making money off of surgeries that people
already paid him for.  I suppose this sounds like nit picking, but in truth
the cost of the video surprises me.  For our non-profit club to buy this
video one of our needy shelter ferrets could HAVE adrenal surgery.  Perhaps
a discount for shelters could be arranged?

Best Wishes,
Robynn and the Four Ferrets of the Apocalypse