From:
Daveola Ljung <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 30 May 1992 02:27:50 -0400
My ferrets used to be nice beasts...

I have two ferrets, one of them male and incredibly big,
the other female and seemingly sweet :)
I am currently boarding a friend's two ferrets also.
I thought that having four ferrets roaming my apartment
would be enjoyable - as it was at first.

That was before they destroyed my waterbed.

Okay, okay, no harm done...  I found the leaks (by
each corner) and patched them up.  My liner had caught
all the water so there was no damage.  Then I moved
my bed to a corner of the room where there is no
furniture, assuming a no-ferrets-on-the waterbed law.
They quickly figured out that they could get to a
windowsill from the couch and walk across it to
the bed.  Okay, pretty clever, but I am a college
student, and supposedly more learned than these furry
creatures.  I put a fan in the window and push it against
one side of the sill.  They push it back and crawl between
the fan and the screen.  Okay, didn't think they'd figure
that out, but it was easy enough to lock the fan in place.
Ha, that got them, right?

I wake up this morning in a puddle of water with one of
my ferrets frantically digging into one of the corners
of the half-deflated waterbed.  Water on the floor - on
me - on the sheets.  Evidently, they were able to shimmy
up the space between the wall and the waterbed until they
were high enough to reach the top, where they would pull
themselves over.  I am considering enrolling my ferrets
in college, now, as they have outsmarted me and I am now
sleeping on a futon.

Any ideas how to keep my ferrets off the waterbed (with
the *new* :( mattress) or at least keep them from digging
there?

heh..

Probably not...     (sigh)

        Sagittarius Excalibur, Maxmillion Fantastic and Dave
        (and for a limited time only!)  Scooter and Nina.