From:
Lois Caselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 May 2002 07:42:19 -0500
This goes to Cloe's mommy and all that have lost a pet.

Several years ago we lost our Wolfie.  Out of all of them he was my
favorite.  He was my baby.  (Get the picture) Anyway, we thought the door
was locked while they were playing but a neighbor kid came in and Wolfie
got out.

It was the middle of summer and it was 110* for a solid week.  I just knew
my baby was dead.  I still had all the neighbors put out water and food.
Flyers, rewards etc... I kept everything filled for blocks around for 10
days and nights.

My daughter and I was up bawling one night 10 nights later actually, and I
heard one of the dogs yelp.  Well we had taken in a new puppy while Wolfie
was missing and when it came up to Wolfie, he bit her on her nose and she
of course yelped.  We ran out at 3.00 A.M.to see what was going on cause I
just knew it had to be my Wolfie back.  I looked and looked and looked but
I didn't see him.  I told my daughter just one more time around the block,
and when we came back into the yard a set of little claws started digging
on my ankle.  That used to be his way to let me know he wanted a treat.
Yep, it was my Wolfie.  I BAWLED, thanked God, Kissed and kissed and
kissed my baby.  He left at 3 1/2 pounds and came back at 1.  My poor baby
was so dehydrated.  The vet was so amazed that Wolfie was alive after so
long.  We decided he must have been sleeping in the day when it was so hot
and traveling at night.  With lots of good food and LOVE he came bounding
back and is today still my boy.

This did put a big damper on his immune system.  Anyway, my point is keep
out kibble and water and keep the hope alive because it is possible.

Wishing Cloe and all the lost pets the best. Lois