From:
Penny Lepage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 23:08:20 -0400
Well, it has been several weeks since I have written as my husband and I
have both been very sick with sore throats, colds, and you name it.
Something I don't understand but very thankful for is that being so sick
for so long and living in the motorhome with ten ferrets, none of the sweet
things got a sniffle or cough.  Unbelievable huh?  We did wash our hands
often and only handled them when putting them back in their cages.  I think
that little prayer each night helped too!

We are still in Spokane, Wa and living on the Fairchild AFB.  It is a small
campground but most people are only here for a short time.  There have been
a lot of people from Ca Ca land coming through.  While out walking Snowball
one evening a Ca couple asked me what that was I was walking.  Another
family asked all kinds of questions and had never seen one saying, "Oh,
that is what a ferret looks like"

We have a routine we go through, one cage gets out in the morning, Missitoo
and Burglar, they like the shower door open so they can get in and play in
the water drops and then get out for play and treats.  I put a bowl on the
floor with treats and they pick out the ones they like the best.

We just put a new water filter on the motorhome and all of a sudden the
ferrets are all drinking more water.  They all have a large bottle on their
cages and I fill them twice a day.  Now, if I hadn't had experience with
animals and filtered water I might think they were drinking more water
because of blood sugar count but been through this with the horse and dogs
and cats.

While Missitoo is out running around I have to sit in the chair with a fly
swatter and have to watch the other cages so she doesn't grab one of the
others through the cages.  She just hates ferrets and she is so stubborn.
I know ferrets are so intelligent but she just won't learn about this.  She
has gotten her butt spanked but she just stands in front of the cage, looks
at the floor and slowly walks away with her tail and head on nearly on the
floor.

Little blind Blossom is learning her way around the new motorhome, only
bumps into a wall in one area.  She seems to have a problem just in one
place.  She gets into the tub, finds the tubes, finds her old slipper and
even gets back into the cage to go potty.  She is such a tiny, dear little
thing.

We have no litter boxes in the motorhome but most have learned to go back
to the cage to use the litter.

Oh, I found a place in Spokane that I can get wood pellets, only have to
buy a pallet with 50 bags on it for $139.  Anyone want to go in on a
pallet??

There was a problem on the flight line a few weeks ago.  A plane, 135
refueler, couldn't take off because there was a ferret on the flight line.
Can you just see it??  Anyway, they chased him for sometime before finally
catching him.  I don't know who lost him but one of the guys took him home.

One ferret does rewiring for the AF and then one tries to help on the
flight line.

Well, sorry this has been so long.

Prayers to everyone with sick babies.

Penny, Missitoo, Burglar