From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 1997 17:18:39 -0500
My opinion is -- that if the ferret is altered you have no need of
descenting.  The procedure of removing an anal gland can cause more problems
than not IF the vet is not thoroughly familiar with the procedure.

The best advice I can think of is -- if it's not broke don't fix it--
therefore unless your ferret has a problem such as recurring infection in
the anal gland leave it alone!  It takes 10-30 days after neutering and the
scent reduces greatly in the ferret.  This is a hormone issue, not a poofing
problem, so if your ferret is comfortable at home and doesn't get scared you
will be just fine!

Alicia
a shelter Mom