From:
Pamela K Barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 1995 17:13:31 -0700
My net work has been down for a few days but I've still received all the
FML's of recent and would like to respond to a few items.

My ferrets too love soap (and not just during the winter!).  However,
Grover (female, albino, 3y) gets sick _every_ time she eats some.  Thus,
she is not allowed in the tub or on the counter next to the sink which
whe loves to explore.  Shortly after eating soap she will vomit.  I
wonder - I always thought that animals knew what was good for them, i.e.,
when they eat something bad and they get sick they won't eat it any
more.  I guess Grover is an exception.  My two males do not have the same
reaction.  Grover has a weak stomach.  We also have to watch her with
chocolate.  Yes, I know, chocolate is not good for animals.  We rarely
will give them the smallest piece but Grover, unlike the males, will get
sick on it.  She seems fine all other times, so we just watch what foods
she eats.  Keeping on the food topic.  Someone was concerned about
leaving ferret food out for one ferret who is trying to gain some weight
but doesn't want the other ferret to gain weight.  We always leave our
ferret food out and do not have a problem with any of our ferrets
weights.  I actually wish Grover would gain a little.

Re: Odo Ban.  We rushed out and bought some.  I had originally wanted to
bathe the kids in some but hubby said no, thought it might be too harsh.
Did I misunderstand the original post?  Do you dilute it and use it in
the bath water or use it for rugs and such?

A belated YEAH for Michigan!  What's the status in CA?  Whom can we write
in support (even though we might not live there)?

Pamela Barber and Ernie, Grover and Elmo
Flagstaff, AZ  USA