From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 08:58:33 -0600
I'd get rid of the daughter.  Honestly, people sometimes have to talk openly
about what is going on.  Have you talked with your SO about what is going
on?  Can you and the boys move out?  If you find another home for them will
you be happy?  The daughter sounds very immature and jealous.  Is it the
boys that bother her or is it you?  Taking it out on the boys hurts you and
she knows that.  Running to her father is childish.  How old is this child?
She needs to do some serious growing up and if the father can't see that
then perhaps someone needs to tell him, tactfully of course (more tactful
than my post, which is less tactful than what is normal for me but I'm
really getting tired of irrational/immature/jealous/ignorant/ selfish human
behavior).

You are the only one that can make the decision of what to do.  You need to
decide what you want.  Are you happy now?  Will you be happy without the
boys?  Will finding another home for the boys satisfy the daughter or will
she just find something else to gripe about.  This may go deeper than her
not liking the ferrets.

Another consideration would be the safety of the boys.  Would this daughter
do anything to hurt them (kick them hard, throw them, hit them, etc.)?

Ferrets are ferrets.  Ferrets are joyful, happy, loving, playing, teasing,
creatures.  They love to play.  What is considered harmful to some (such as
opening drawers, scratching carpets, etc.) is just normal ferret behavior.
Ferrets are not robots to be programed to behave as other people want them
too.  If that is what someone wants, then get a VCR.

Hugs to all. tle