From:
James Cristea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 1995 11:54:00 -0500
Could anyone tell me if ferrets are susceptible to Lyme disease?  I've read
that cats seem to be immune.  I live in Bucks County, Pennsylvania and Bucks
has just been listed as #7 in the country in terms of reported human
infections.  I would like to take Cody out more this summer but want to be
careful.

Also, are ferrets susceptible to heartworm infection?  My vet didn't know.

Thanks,

     Jim Cristea