From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 10:01:07 -0400
Ed Lipinski is looking for treats to use in a "fastest snacker" contest.
May I suggest Cheerios as an alternative to the sugary treats.  We put some
in a jar with a touch of cinnamon, and the ferrets love it.  Since my little
girl Belle was diagnosed with insulinoma, I've been using it as the daily
treat.  Kix may also be a good treat, they have a slight sugary coating,
making them tasty, but far less than most breakfast cereals.

Linda Iroff
North Coast Ferret Shelter West
"The Raisin Retreat"
http://www.oberlin.edu/~liroff/ncfs.html