From:
April Armstrong Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 01:31:29 -0400
Hi.  I was at the Worcester Animal Rescue League today with a stray dog
and they mentioned to me that they had just gotten a ferret in (they
usually contact me when ferts come in and help find them homes).

Bandit is a VERY sweet, cuddly, kissy sable guy who was brought in by a
man whose teenage son had "really, really wanted him" two years ago, but
now doesn't take much care of him.  The single father travels a lot and
doesn't feel that Bandit is getting the care or attention he deserves.
Of course, he may also have ended up there b/c he has a balding spot on
his head and may need medical help (they don't think he's ever been to
a vet)... Bandit is a 5-year-old (grrrrr...) Marshall Farms neutered,
descented male.

Anyhoo, I am getting him a physical exam tomorrow where I am a vet tech
to try and determine what the cause of his baldness is and assess his
overall health.  I would love to find this little boy a home either way,
and am willing to travel and help with transport to do so.  I will let
you know what we find at his PE tomorrow; I will have to take him back to
the Rescue League the morning after his PE, though (they won't put him to
sleep as long as he's fairly healthy, and definitely not without checking
with me), b/c no one will be home all weekend, and we just fostered a dog
for a week (my hubby is allergic to them, too) and our house is a
reonovation disaster to top it all off.  My own ferts are relegated to my
den for now and I have no quarantine space.

So if anyone can help, please let me know.  I can pay for his initial PE
and any tests we run, but a longterm solution is needed.  I just got laid
off, too, but I will help a would-be parent as best as I can financially.
He's such a sweetie, and deserves better than what he's been dealt.

Thanks in advance,

April AC