From:
Diane Wall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 18:28:15 -0400
Greetings Everyone,

I am hoping that this email finds you, your family and all your ferrets
all in good health.

With all of the devastation of Hurricane Katrina we've seen on the news
or perhaps through family or friends, who hasn't been touched by the
challenges facing people in the affected areas.  It's hard to know where
to begin for them to start to put their lives back together.

I'm sure that we are all asking ourselves, "What can I do?"

Maybe you've already donated something to the Red Cross or another relief
effort.  Maybe you've helped in some other important way.

The purpose of my email is to ask your help in making a difference on a
much smaller scale.

If you've ever met me, you know I'm all about "The Ferrets" as well as
any other animal.

I have attached information about the organized efforts to assist and
save those animals left behind, especially the ferrets.

If you find it in your heart to make a donation, bless you.

If you would rather send supplies to one of the addresses below, bless
you as well.

I am offering to partner up with any one who wishes to send ferret care
packages, such as we did this past holiday season to the shelters to help
out.  All of you who are receiving my email, likely have an extra bag of
food, an extra gently used ferret bed or hammock, an extra toy that your
ferret no longer plays with.  Put them in a box and do some good by
sending them to one of the rescue shelters below.  Why not put a card in
as well or a picture of your ferret and well wishes from you and your
family.

My motto has always been that I'm not sure if I'll ever make a difference
in this great big world, but I know that I want to make a difference in a
ferret's little world.

Please feel free to contact me.  I am in Massachusetts.

Sincerely,
Diane Wall
Massachusetts Ferret Friends Member
South Shore Ferret Lady