From:
Linda Mooring <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 1996 09:09:18 -0700
Whoever sent the heads-up about ferrets being featured on PetPourri (sp) was
right!  Thanks!  The show was on last night (Wednesday, 10/2) and I'm still
slapping myself for not taping it while watching it.

Jeanne Carley was featured on the first part of the show.  She had a
beautiful female sable that the CDFA was shipping out of state.  Jeanne was
eloquent as ever, and either she coached the hosts extremely well before the
show or those hosts are just very ferret savvy.  They asked ALL the right
questions.  Jeanne was able to explain why ferrets are illegal here and
(non-confrontationally) why F&G hasn't legalized them.

They gave that adorable little sable a lot of close-ups, and they sure
fawned over that ferret!  (As a sad side note, I couldn't help but feel very
sorry for the poor person or family missing that ferret.  She was a
sweetie.)

After Jeanne had finished, the vet took over and explained the health needs
and typical health problems of ferrets (he spent a lot of time on why
females have to be neutered if they're not bred, for instance).  I thought
he was very informative for the amount of time he had.

Overall, it was a fine show and very positive for ferrets!

Linda Mooring