Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 07:56:12 -0800
Hi,

I'm sorry to send this to the FML, but I'm having a great deal of trouble
posting to the Ferret Health List.  I know I'm sending it to the right
place - Smartgroups just keeps bouncing it and sending me a list of
commands.  When I use the eMail link for posting to the list (from the
eMail direct from Smartgroups), it does the same thing.

So, I'm actually directing this to anyone on the FHL - Please, please
forward it to that list for me.  My vet and I are both looking for info
and finding very little.  Please help!!  My ferret is only the second
case that she has ever seen (fortunately, she's very good and could tell
over the phone that this was most likely the diagnosis.  We confirmed
this with blood and urine work the next day).

I hope this is relevant to others besides myself.

*******************

I've just had (earlier this week) my first Addison's diagnosis in a
bilateral adrenal ferret (post surgery).

This is only the 2nd Addison's ferret my vet has worked with so she's
pretty new to dealing with the disease in ferrets.

I've looked through the archives of the FHL and only found 2 treatments -
Florineff and Percoten.  Both combined with daily or twice daily pred.
Is this correct?  Are these the only treatments?  Is pred always
necessary as well?  What about the ulcers that are sometimes associated
with pred usage for treating insulinoma??

Please help me with some additional info.  I've been unable to find
anything useful outside of this list and there wasn't really too much
here.

Thank you much!

Kim