From:
"M.S. Hastie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 12:28:36 PDT
I want to send a heartfelt thank you to all those who have responded to me
in the warmest way about the accident with Key.  Your words have helped a
lot.

To those of you who sent me nasty email berrating me for my carelessness...
all i can say is.  SHAME ON YOU (id like to be more nasty).

The accident with Key happened, because the vet we had seen the night
before had diagnosed her with sinus infection and suggested we bring her
into the shower with us, so the steam could help her.  My wife was the
first one out and she picked Key up and took her into the living room with
her, while I got dressed.  She had placed Key in the living room and had
gone to the kitchen to get our husband some soda when Key ran back into the
bedroom.  The lights were off in there due to a broken bulb, and I had not
even put my glasses on yet, when I stepped on her.  We hurried to find her
and call the emergency vet as fast as can be.  We did everything we could.
It just wasnt eneough.

So yo those who blamed me after I posted blaming myself.... STOP IT.  I
have had ferrets for almost 5 years now.  They are caged mostly except when
we are around to watch them.  And I do know about shuffling your feet....
works great if you KNOW they are out with you.  We buried the ferret this
morning.  We got permission from our apartment complex and so she was
buried outside our bedroom window.  The apartment people also planted some
gardenia's nearby and told us we could plant some flowers to remember her
with.  They were nice.

And again, thank you all for your support.

Margaret Hastie