From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 06:26:15 -0700
>Just ask someone who trains pitbulls for fighting (not something I
>endorse, but have read too much about).  These dogs are fed raw meat,
>kittens, and small puppies to bring out the aggressive behaviour in them
>so when they end up in a backyard fight, they only want to kill.

These dogs are also beaten, abused, screamed at continuously, ignored, and
starved.

Two of my ferrets have killed mice, on their own, not by feeding.  Both are
just as loving and cuddly and sweet as ever before.

Sandy, my most aggressive one, has never seen or smelled a mouse or other
"prey animal." But when I first got her, she ripped the sh*t out of my
hands with her teeth.  Why?  Because she had been abused, beaten, and left
in a cage with very little human contact.

My dad's cat used to bring home rabbits and mice and birds, show them to
us, then devour them with fervor.  Then she would clean herself, come
inside, and cuddle around my neck purring and grooming my ears.

The difference is not eating raw meat.  The difference is in the amount of
nurturing and human contact and tender loving care they get.  As long as
the ferrets are getting that, then bits of raw meat aren't going to change
them.
===
Aileen & the herd
Slinky, Gizmo, Kyle, Noel, & Sandy

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, then, is not an act but a
habit."