From:
Silver Eagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 16:19:21 -0400
l laughed til my sides were sore when I read Brandon's post about nail
trimming.You see... I use the very same method and I have done for years.
I never had enough nerve to tell anyone!!  I have 10 ferrets and I hold
them in my teeth to trim nails.  I figure, that's how their biological mom
holds them to transport them, and I'm their adopted Mom , so it was just
natural to me to hold them by the scruff in my teeth.Brandon is sooo right.
They just hang there almost in a trance.  I have both hands free for better
control, so it takes a fraction of the time and I have fewer mistakes.
With 10 ferrets, I have 200 nails to trim and I very seldom ever cut a nail
too short anymore.

I have a close friend who used to manage a pet store in town and I used to
volunteer my time to bathe her animals every once and awhile.  I bathed
kittens, puppies and kits.  Of coarse the kits were the most difficult, and
I always included ear cleaning and nail trimming.  People used to give me
very strange looks, when they saw me holding a kit in my teeth, but it got
the job done quickly and with very little stress to the kit.  So who cares
if people think I'm strange.  LOL.

Sally St. Germain and her 10 "Little Saints."
Hi..... my name is Sally.....I'm a ferret-a-holic!!!