From:
Sacha Laureiro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 1996 10:05:12 -0600
Hi all!  I've been lurking for the last few weeks or so and I've finally
gotten up the nerve to post.  I've also got a few questions.

First off, I bought my ferret at a pet store.  She (Mog) was 5 months old
and had been there for at least 3 of those five months.  Now I've tried very
hard for Mog to like me but she seems to hate me.  At first she backed away
from me and bite me every chance she could get, but now I can at least pick
her up(as long as she gets a treat).  I considered that progress but she
completely ignores me outside the cage and when I wrestle her with my hand
she trys to bite (not lightly either) I've heard of ferrets being wonderful,
loving creatures, but Mog just seems to be a hateful little critter.  Could
it perhaps be that she was traumatised by being in the petstore too long
with all those peoples sticking their fingers at her?

Another problem.  How can I litter train the little fuzz ball?  I've read
the FAQ and tried everything, but she still continues to thwart me.  I've
had to resort to putting her in her cage almost constantly( with a litter
box in there).  Her cage is already small enough (2x3x2) and the addition of
a litter box makes it worse (she does use the litter though) I'd like for
her to have free run of my room but right now thats just impossible.  Next,
I live in Prince Albert (Saskatchewan...Canada) and most you splendifuris
folks seem to live in the States.  Does anyone on the FML live in
Saskatchewan?  Can anyone,anywhere tell me of a breeder in Saskatchewan?  Or
someplace or someone who can sell/make me a cage to my specifications?  In
Canada or the U.S?  Any words of your collective wisdoms, advice, or answers
are most welcome.

Thanks for listening to my cry for help.

Sacha 'Jander' Laureiro & Mog "Where does that tea towel get off?...BONSAI!!"
Jander Sunstar <[log in to unmask]>