From:
Juliana Quadrozzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 14:08:45 -0500
Sherri Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
 - I found JAVMA, but only individual mailboxes.  I'd like to know where to
go for the articles & particularly the yearly Rabies Surveillence reports.
Can you tell me how to get there?

Also the Paisley & Lauer article
>& 5.  Childs G: What to do with a ferret.  *Community Aminal Control* 1987;
>6: 10-13 6.  Need for data on ferrets that bite, eat human flesh, or develop
>rabies.  *Calif Morbid* 1986; 7:1 7.  King C: *Immigrant killers* New York,
>Oxford University Press Inc, 1985.
Are any of these on line?
Thanks

Terri MacEachern <[log in to unmask]>
I - I'm always thrilled when someone finds the true joy of these little
fuzzfaces.  But consider that there are lots of ferrets who are given up by
people your own age.  Ask yourself these questions BEFORE you get your new
addition:
- Will I have after-school activities that will take up too much of my time?
- Will my school work take up too much of my time?
- Will dating  take up too much of my time?
- Will I be going away to school within the next few years?
- Will I have enough time or will I be too busy?
I've heard the lame excuses "I just don't have enough time." & "Little
Pickaname just doesn't take care of it anymore." so many times I could just
SCREAM!  (& I usually do after I get off the phone) I'm sure you've read
that ferret shelters are overflowing & there are lots of once loved but now
unwanted ferrets in need of homes - kits to old timers.  They know the
personality of the frit & will give you correct information on care &
handling.  Shelters are always looking for loving permanent homes & are very
careful who they adopt to.  I don't mean to insult any responsible pet
stores out there, but for the most part they only tell you what you want to
hear in order to make a sale.  Please think very carefully about the
responsibility that you're taking on for another life & make an informed
decision BEFORE you get a ferret.

Juliana
Georgia Domestic Ferret Association (GDFA)
&
luv & licks Frodo, Rocks, Anola Gay, SNAFU, FUBAR, Tabu, Chaos, & Tuxedo