From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 22:20:42 EDT
Hello,

I understand if that is a decision that you have to make.  I also have a
relative struggling with cancer.  It can cause a lot of changes in the
home.  I do not feel that you are a bad Mom.  I feel that if you feel you
cannot provide a stimulating home for your ferrets then that would be your
decision to find a fulfilling home for them.  I know it is probably not a
decision that you would make if things were different.

The person who flamed you, should probably step in your shoes for a while.
Cancer is an up and down battle everyday.  One minute things can be good.
The next down.  The stress that it puts on everyone in the family.  I would
rather see ferrets having whatever they need to be fulfilled then to be
unhappy.  With your responsibilities of your husband.  Your asking for
assistance is not a bad thing.  I have taken in my limit of ferrets, 6 have
come from unwanted or bad excuse homes.  And the great percentage did not
have a valid reason.  Adding that on to the 3 I already had.  They are my
babies.  Everyday I strive to keep them happy.  Maybe there is someone in
your area that could help you.  I hope everything works out for you.

Dooks,
NeeJa and the MOD's (Masters of Disaster)