From:
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 1996 10:10:26 -0700
>From:    Katherine Kuckens <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Flute Ferret

My ferrets have been fascinated by all the musical instruments I play.  I
was a music composition major in college and had to play dozens of
instruments and keep several around the house.  Ferrets love my guitars,
flutes, recorders, and harmonicas that I remember.

>From:    "J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Euro ferrets

Some of the differences you note between Euro and American ferrets is really
differences between Angora and standard ferrets.  We have Swedish, German,
and English ferrets.  The angora mutated genes that give them long hair also
affects the head shape and size.  It appears from looking at them thaht they
are more sized, haired and faced shaped like an American skunk.  THIS DOES
NOT MEAN THEY ARE A CROSS BETWEEN FERRETS AND SKUNKS!  They just remind me
of skunks.

Most European ferrets are indistinguishable from American.  Just like it is
hard to tell American people from any others in the world just by looking.

Lars is a friend but I have no business interest with him.  He is a very
nice guy.

>From:    Simonetti <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Food Amounts
>In Cups or tablespoons what would be the average amount you would feed a
>healthy adult ferret of either sex?

I've never measured.  I hope that this isn't to restrict a diet.  What we
feed is all the food they'll eat.  They might get winter fat but almost
always thin down in the summer.

>From:    "Tracy L. Tunnison" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Response to Bill Killian, teeth extraction
>... respond to Bill Killian.  He stated that instead of breeding Coco
>(that's the blind one), I should have used the hormone injection.  Well,
>personally, I will not use that injection as it has carcinogens.

Please read the post Jeff Johnston wrote very carefully yesterday.  Breeding
is much much riskier to a jill than a hormone injection.  There are also
more than one form of this injection.  What exactly is the carcinogen you
refer to?

I know of no jills that have died from hormone injections.  I know of
several who have died from birth complications.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]