From:
Wayne & Nancy Wellington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 21:00:45 -0800
Hello to all,
This is more on Pet Shops of Horrors here in Las Vegas, Nev.  Owned by
Fred & Judy Palmieri.

Sorry Randy and Gloria Horton (the ferret guy & gal) couldn't make it.  The
Horton's got stranded in Wyoming.  They got snowed in there, on the way to
The Las Vegas protest.

Today we did the protest on the Feathers & Paws Pet Shop across the street
from the Blvd Mall.  Where we found out that this truly is a pet shop of
horrors.  When the animals die the employees simply toss the dead bodies
into the dumpster for the garbage men to pick up and throw the bodies away.

We were there from 1 p - 4:30 p.  We had eggs and christmas light bulbs
thrown from behind us, by Judy's (the owner) gang from on top of the roof
of the store.  Glass from the light bulb did explode and hit the kids.  A
pet store employee of Fred & Judy's came out and try to run us down with
his Saturn!  He almost hit half of us before veering away.  The first 5
would have been kids to get hit if he would have hit us.  We all jumped
back or he would have hit us.

  We had 23 protesters 15 adults, 8 of them were kids that showed up and
wanted to help protest.

The media never showed up again.  A KVBC TV Channel 3 news employee showed
up and promised to show up with a news crew.  Channel KTNV TV 13 news was
supposed to show up also.

We will do another protest again next week.  We will also be getting more
signatures to try and get the law changed to punish, for the kind of
treatment the animals have to go through is to be punished as a felony
instead of a misdemeanor.  We are not sure which of Fred and Judy's stores
it will be.  That info will be posted on:

 web site:
   http://www.kittens-and-puppies.com.

E-mail:

So if anyone wants to come help out please do so.