From:
Sharon Burbine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 01:43:36 -0500
Yes, I know what everyone is thinking.  It is December, you live in Mass
shouldn't it be freezing down at the ocean?  We had some pretty mild weather
here today for a change.  So, I decided to take advantage of the 51 degree
temperature.  I had to go to Revere to pick up the Tickle Me Elmo Doll at
Paulette's house.  Paulette was kind enough to donate the doll for our
auction.  I decided also to take Wolfie along for the ride.  Course, he had
a blast with Paulette's brood.  They took out all their toys and showed them
to him.  While Paulette & I were talking, they all scooted across the bed in
line with each other (It brought visions of roaming bands of feral ferrets
causing an uproar and cow tipping to my mind).  They then showed Wolfie
their hidey holes and even where the litter pans were located!!!  We got a
real laugh out of that.

After we picked up the doll and had our visit, I decided to take a drive
over to Revere Beach.  For those of you who don't know of Revere, the beach
was quite the place to go at one time.  Revere beach is the first public
beach in the United States.  There were frolics, rides and a huge roller
coaster.  All kinds of great stuff for kids & adults to do.  All of that is
gone now.  But, we still have Kelly's Roast Beef which is open year round 24
hours a day.  Wolfie and I prefer pizza to Roast Beef so we opted to go to
Bianchi's Pizza which has the best pizza around IMHO.

Well, after we finished off our tasty pizza, we went for a walk along the
beach.  The sound of the surf and the roar of the planes landing at Logan
airport was just too inviting for my little fuzzy.

I put his harness and leash on and he hit the sand like the marines storming
Normandy on D-Day.  As soon as those little paws hit the wet, cold sand, up
jumped my little marine into his carrysack, leash and all.

That was fine by me.  I wasn't looking forward to getting sand out of his
long coat.  (For those of you who don't know him, he's an Angora and is in
full coat right now along with his winter fat) he is quite a sight with all
that hair.  So, we started to walk along picking up pretty seashells and
smooth stones.  Wolfie looked out at the stars, surf and the incoming planes
to Logan from the comfort of his carrysack.

Seasons Greetings to all of you,

Sharon Burbine &

The five fabulous fuzzbeans:

Chi Chi, Lebby, Sheba, Amber Rose, and Wolfie