From:
Roger Poore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 09:30:48 -0400
Hi gang--

Yesterday, my very first ferret, Shelly, passed away.  She was seven years
old.  It came without warning.  Just the day before, I was playing with
her.  I did notice that she didn't have as much stamina as she usually
does but she was able to run and hop and just act all around crazy.  But
I didn't think it was going to happen any time soon.

Unfortunately, I've had my share of watching my little fuzzies die.  I just
lost Rocky a few months ago.  Months before him, Sadie.  Weeks before
Sadie, Junior...... I had 12 ferrets not even two years ago.  Now I have
three.  I still have Sassy, the second ferret that I bought.  As you can
imagine, she and Shelly were very close.

I have dealt with so much death and sadness recently and I can't stand it
anymore.  It downright tears the hell out of me when I lose these guys.

I thought I had more to say, but apparently I don't.

So long, Shelly-belly.

 -Roger