From:
"Michelle A. Tonkinson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 21:57:11 -0500
Hi Everyone,
I know I put it last but, thanks to everyone who wrote to me about Jena's
deafness.  I am planning on e-mailing everyone, but I am kinda running
behind.

I called that company in Texas, who has an add in Critters USA. The balls
have two holes not one. shhhh....I got one, I hope Mike does not see this!

I am usually at the AOL chats every week, they are alot of fun.  It takes a
little while to get used to how fast people type things in.  I think last
week there were about 30 (maybe more) people there.  On a little side note I
was at Prodigy's chat too, we only had 7 people at the time, but it was nice
too.

Jena(black-eyed white deaf & bitting ferret) went to the vet last night.
Boy was that a fun time!  Jena was given the wonderful title of: The Worst
Behaving Ferret.  We of course are very proud of this title:(.  It was not
bad for me just the vet & the techs trying to look at her.  She bit the
scale, the dish to weigh her in, the q-tip when they tried to swab her ears,
you get the picture.  They tied scruffing her, Ha!  She twisted & turned &
snapped.  It made for quite a sight.  So he tried holding her by her butt
too, but forget it, anytime she saw a hand she freaked.  Then she gave the
vet a little gift, she went to the bathroom on him!  So they tried a towel,
no way either.  From what he got to look at her eyes, heard her heart &
lungs, and felt her belly, she looks good.  He also got to see her teeth
alot, and they looked good too.  He also thinks she is either deaf, or her
hearing is severely impaired.  So bottem line she goes back in two weeks,
I'm sure Jena can't wait!

Someone had asked about Ferret Digest. I get the digest along with a couple
others. In my thinking it is a good publication. It kinda reminds me of the
AFA's report. If you want to know more you could e-mail Rose Smith at LOS
[log in to unmask], she is the president of LOS and puts out the digest.

Michelle,Mitzi,Tara,Dutch,Hexy&Jena