From:
GALE PUTT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 1996 10:14:37 -0400
Now that it is warmer out and doors and windows are openned more frequently
ferrets get out and become lost.

On source of help for finding a missing ferret is your licensed wildlife
rehabilitator.  Almost all states have these, you can find them by calling
your local fish and game or environmental conservation office.  We get calls
from the public for injured, orphaned or found (usually ina building)
wildlife.  Unlike myself, most rehabbers are not networked with any ferret
groups, but they do get calls on ferrets that appear in there areas or that
are injured because people mistakenly think they are wild animals or mink.
Most rehabbers are networked to each other, so a call to one would probably
alert most rehabbers in the area to your missing ferret.  I have never met a
rehabber who, once introduced to a ferret, didn't immediately like them, so
if called, I'll bet they would go out of their way to help you like most of
the rehabbers here would do.  Every year we get 4 or five calls that turn
out to be lost ferrets.

Another place to check for your lost ferret is at businesses that stay
openned all night.  Seems like they turn up at them in the middle of the
night attracted to the people and lights.  They wander into openned gas
station bays or follow people into 24 hour convenience stores so leave your
name and number in these places.

  Hope this helps, Gale & the fuzzies