From:
Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2011 01:20:52 -0400
Oliver and No. 421 had gone to the Silver Stream for a swim. The water
was cool and it had been very hot at the Bridge all week. The two
friends had just walked into their yard when Bluebird started jumping
up and down on the special perch No. 421 had made for her.

"What is the matter," No. 421 asked. "Did we do something wrong?"

"No, but this perch is hot and I am hot, and I thought you would never
come back," Bluebird said all in one breath.

"Well, we are here now so what's up," No. 421 asked.

"We has a real sweetheart named Hershey Bear crossing and I was hoping
you would be there to greet her.

"Oliver and I will get dressed and go right up," No. 421 said. "Has
she got family do you know?"

Bluebird said she thought Hershey Bear did and with a flutter of wings,
she was gone.

No. 421 looked at the ticket again, Jazzy and Rascal, hhuuummm, there
is a Jazzy and Rascal living over by the Cloud Dunes? "Hey Oliver,"
didn't you go sliding with Rascal in the winter" No. 421 said. "Didn't
they have a sister named Cinnamon?"

"Yes," I think they did," Oliver said. "I'll go see if that is the
right Rascal and you go greet Hershey Bear."

Oliver set off at a fast trot. He remembered that day. It had been
snowing and they were sliding down the Otters slide. The girls were
really cute, and if Hershey Bear was as cute as they were, Dook Dook,
he had better hurry if he wanted to meet her.

Oliver arrived at the Cloud Dunes and Jazzy and Cinnamon were out in
the garden. "Hi Oliver," Jazzy shouted. "Long time no see. What brings
you this way and what is the rush?" Oliver slowed down; he was all out
of breath and sat on an old log for a minute.

"We has a girl named Hershey Bear from your family on earth," he said.
"No. 421 is gone to meet her at the bridge and I here to fetch someone
to greet her, and maybe take her in."

"Take her in," Jazzy said. "She's our sister, of course she can come
here. We have several extra rooms on the complex and we'd be glad to
have her here." Jazzy told Cinnamon to freshen up the spare room, put
up the new hammy and pick some flowers to put on the table.

Oliver, I'll only be a minute," Jazzy said. "I'll change clothes and
we're off."

No. 421 arrived at the bridge and there was a beautiful ferret girl,
sitting on the last step looking like her heart would break. ''What's
the matter," No. 421 said. "Why are you looking so sad?" Come over here
with me and tell me all about it."

Hershey Bear snuggled up to No. 421 and told him all about her home on
earth, what a good Mom she had, how she lived in a pet store until
someone bought her. But, that was not to be; the people didn't know
what a ferret needs, so she was back in the pet store again. Then her
real Mom came, she didn't ask any questions, she just fell in love with
her and took her home.

"Now I'm here and I miss my family," Hershey Bear said. "Could I send
my Mom a message telling her I arrived safely?"

Shooting Star had been sitting back in the bushes and listening. She
walked as fast as she could on two of her points and stopped in front
of No. 421.

"Hello Beautiful," the star said. "I'm Shooting Star, and I will take
a message home for you."

Hershey Bear had never seen a star up close before.

"You will," she said. "Oh thank you, thank you so much. Tell my Mom I'm
here and waiting for some family to arrive. Tell her I love her and
thank you for all you did for me. Oh wait, who is that coming down the
path. Jazzy, Jazzy, is that you? Really you?"

"Mz Star -- tell my Mom I found Jazzy and I'm going to be just fine
now."

And saying that, she left No. 421 and ran to Jazzy giving everyone a
big hug along the way. Oliver blushed to his tail, and when Jazzy and
Hershey Bear stopped dooking, Jazzy shook paws with No. 421 and thanked
him for all he did. Shooting Star promised to deliver the message and
Oliver and No. 421 started home.

Oliver was deep in thought -- he was going to ask Hershey Bear to the
Fall Festival at the Bridge when the leaves started to turn, and
everyone got ready for winter.

The two friends decided on a supper of barbeque N'Bones. Oliver started
the grill and No. 421 wrote in his logbook, Mission Accomplished,
Hershey Bear is with her family. They are such a close-knit group. They
have a lovely room they made ready for her and she is a very happy
ferret to see all her family again.