From:
Bob Carstensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 20:52:37 -0700
Our white ferret seems to have succumbed to some illness.  He stopped
eating about a week ago.  His stool ceased for about three days and when
it resumed, it is black and sticky.  He is losing weight and drinking a lot
of water.

Our vet started him on amoxi-drops (amoxicillin) about a week ago without
any visible results.  His urine showed negative for diabetes and no worms
were found in his stool.  Body temperature was normal.  His activity level
has lowered, probably as a result of his not eating.

We are very concerned with his lack of improvement.  Does anyone have any
ideas or suggestions?

Marsha Carstensen