From:
Melissa Rotert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 07:03:01 -0800
Hey Everyone,

I use AVG Anti-Virus, which can be found at the link to www.grisoft.com
that John posted yesterday.  I highly recommend it!!!  I am the "tech
support" person at my office.  It isn't my official position, but since I
know more about computers than anyone else, (A sad state,) I was elected
to be called any time anyone does something stupid and it needs to be
fixed.  LOL.  All the computers in the Omaha branch of our office have
both AVG Anti-Virus and Norton Anti-Virus.  I have found that AVG will
identifiy and quarantine obscure viruses that the major Anti-Virus
software doesn't even have documentation on.  Norton Anti-Virus is a
powerful and well-built software, but I LOVE AVG!!

Your Anti-Virus software is your second line of defense against
infection.  I say second because I truely believe your first should be
yourself.  Caution and knowledge.  The less work your software has to
do the better!  Which means being aware of the viruses out there and how
not to get them. :-)  Even if you have the most current update, you may
get a virus.  A virus has to be identified before a software update can
be written to protect against it, which means SOMEone SOMEwhere has to
get the virus first.  Don't be that someone!!

Melissa