From:
lisa dempsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 06:27:40 PDT
The last issue of the FAIML raised a couple of question that I have wanted
to ask for a long time, but have not bothered to until now.  I would prefer
if only vets respond, but if anyone else has specific and detailed
knowledge, please feel free to respond.  My question is: What exactly is
Lupron, and how does it work?  (i.e. what systems does it effect, what
chemical reactions does it produce, what makes it work for adrenal disease,
etc...)

While I am asking questions...I am also curious as to how Prednisone works
in ferrets and why it is used to treat all the things that is used for?  (I
know what it is, and what it is used for in humans)  Also, why have people
and vets said that it has no long term effects in ferrets?  I know that in
humans, Pred., if taken for a long time, sometimes even a short time, has
some very nasty and unpleasant effects, and I am wondering why this doesn't
happen in ferrets (or does it and it just isn't noticeable)?  Thank you to
any one who has the time and knowledge to answer these questions, I really
appreciate your time and effort!

Lisa, Maurice (the new kid), Emma (the gracious greyhound), and Claude
(waiting at the bridge)