From:
"Todd P. Cromwell III" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 22:49:01 -0800
Seldon, gib, 5.7 years old, left adrenal already removed, was recently on
Lupron for 4 months, getting lupron shots every 3 weeks, and estradiol tests
every three weeks (I spare no expense).

It'd take me a little bit of digging to give you exact results, but the
short of it is:

Seldon started in the estradiol 200-250 area, and we saw a dip in the
estadiol readings to about 160, and he grew his hair back, and his urine
stream returned to a normal, full stream rather than just drips.  We were
happy with the clinical signs returning to normal, but were concerned that
the estradiol readings remained high (if not for them we would have declared
success, at the time).

HOWEVER, Seldon is back to estradiol 220+, his urine is getting blocked
again, and his hair is falling out again.  This even after we doubled the
Lupron dosage about 2 months and something into the treatment.

I would say, go ahead and try it, and I hope it works for you, but Seldon,
after 4 months with it, is back to where he was before we started, so I
would suggest getting estradiol tests ($48/test if you do that test alone),
and hold off judgement for a few months.  It is as far as I know, thanks to
Ms. Johnson-Delaney for the idea to try this (and Lynn McIntosh making me
aware of this opportunity).

It's too bad, my results, because books on endometriosis and prostate cancer
had info on lupron providing the possibility it might be just the right
thing for me.  Maybe your results will be better.  Now I'm going to try a
pulsed regimen of lysodren.  Seldon's days are numbered.

Todd Cromwell III, Dors and Seldon, WA State