From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 23:36:35 -0500
Just when I was about to toss the 'pooter out the 12th floor of this *very*
hot building and fly out to NY to beg for BIG's Computer-God-like help,
{Disclaimer: BIG is not God, he only appears that way to us mortal Mac
users] Monday came, and I was able to call the lead-heads at the telephone
place.  The Ondine doesn't have real phone lines; just extensions, and some
bozo put my phone line on an internal loop.  I could (sometimes) get outside
calls, could make calls (manually), but the 'pooter would go bonkers.  All's
fixed (right) and I didn't need to bother an already overburded BIG.  As a
result, I haven't seen anything for awhile, and will catch up soon.  Go to
sleep early tonight BIG Guy, like about 3 am!

>"that's when I see HIM!  There's this really scruffy looking guy with his
>long hair tied back in a pony-tail, a baggy t-shirt with ferrets on the
>front that looks like it missed the last couple of wash days, and shorts in
>a really obnoxious plaid pattern.  On his feet were equally scruffy sneakers
>over miss-matched socks.  ( I wonder who's socks they were, really?) And
>topping it all off was a cruddy blue ball cap.  Hanging from his shoulder
>was a fuzzie carrying bag with a lovely little white face sticking out.  In
>an instant I knew for certain, This is BOB!  & little TJ/Whitefang!  I
>really wasn't sure if I wanted to go greet this fellow FMLer, or run and
>hide, because he was going up to all the women in sight and jerking his
>shorts leg up to a very indecent level, and asking "Wanna see my scars?"

Lies, all lies.  The baseball cap is not cruddy; it's a wool SD Padres cap,
which means it is CRUMMY, not cruddy!  Besides, I *LIKE* one green and one
purple sock.  What's wrong with that?  Oh yeah, you forgot about the really
cool pirate earring.  [Disclaimer: The use of "Pirate" is not meant to be a
slur against people engaged in such activities].

The Eugene Ferret Olympics were fantastic!  Lots of really nice people
(except for you know who....no, not me...some tattletale I will not
mention).  Very hot, but with well thought-out precautions, not any trouble.
Not only did they get on local TV, but I was called late last night by a
friend from Columbia, MO, who watched the footage on Channel 8 news, and saw
a less-than-a-second glimpse of *me*!  Cool!  Melanie and her husband (and
lots of others, but she can brag about that herself) did a superb job, and
can be an example of how to get positive ferret viewpoints is front of the
public.  Great, great job!!  [Disclaimer: the use of "job" is not meant to
be a put-down of the unemployed.]

TJ/White Fang is doing great; she watched a Portland Rockies game, and was a
better hit that the batters (eh eh).  The girl is a hotdog freak (up the
shirt, over the shoulder, down the arm...) and also loves lousy beer (There
is no truth to the rumor that she was expelled from the game for drunkenly
grabbing a live ball thinking it was foul...) [Disclaimer: No, TJ/WF did not
get to drink the beer, nor did she get more than a taste of the hotdog.  Any
exagerations are for comedic relief, which was also demonstrated by the
Portland Rockies pitchers.] She didn't care for the peanuts, but thought the
little baseball-and-bat key-ring was great.  What we need is a team that
uses ferrets as a mascot.  Let's see...The Fresno Ferrets?  The Philadelphia
Polecats?

Mo' Bob (See next post)