From:
Ann Gruden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2007 16:53:32 -0400
For people who may not be in a position to adopt, or who cannot take
on another ferret there are a couple of things you can do to help.

Please go to your local pet stores and let them know that nearly 1000
ferrets were just rescued from a breeder and that they, and their kits
(born and unborn) are going to be coming into the "market." Because of
that, they, the local pet store, may want to consider reducing their
orders for the next six to nine months because of this exceptionally
large influx.

You will be doing both them and us a favor by making them aware of the
situation as I am surethey do not want to have animals in stock that
may not sell and will lanquish in their stores.

And PLEASE, before getting a ferret from a store or breeder, no matter
where you live, PLEASE consider adopting, especially at this time. The
shelters are taking on a huge burden and in addition to financing, what
we will all really need is HOMES.

The FML is expressly for those who have a sincere interest in the well
being and welfare of ferrets. I, for one, would love to see that
happen.

Ann Gruden
President
Ferret Association of CT, Inc.