From:
"Ed Crist Sr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:44:48 EDT
Hi All, I can believe what is happening in the ferret community today and
you know what, it's not the ferrets that are creating the problem.  I read
that Pat Stauffer is in with the board members of AFA.  I also read that
she condemns those who do not go up to face the people that are doing wrong
first before they go to others and complain.  As for the committee walking
around at the shows the smart thing to do is have each one of them wear
some type of identification, hence there would be no trouble in finding
one.  If you say they do then your statement makes no sense.  I was at
the WarmFuzzy show in July and a lady was there who caused a ruckus about
ferrets coming in with AMD.  The same people who were involved with the
ruckus are the ones who left them in the door in the first place.  This
same lady for about a year before knew of this situation and did nothing to
help correct it.  At the show she didn't even offer to take or help find
homes for these ferrets.  She did however flame Shirley hertzog for all the
work she did to try and correct the situation and not let it get out of
hand at the show and after.  Shirley did nothing to hide the situation but
did bring it out in the open and ask for help and was again ridiculed for
it by the same people.  This same lady, with others, had ridiculed and
damaged the name of WarmFuzzy and the Hertzogs when all they wanted to do
was try to make a bad situation better.  Now here this lady is telling
everyone that people that do this are wrong, Dah!  Why don't she follow her
own words?  Yes, I'm talking about Pat Stauffer.

A show I was at, as was WarmFuzzy, The lady in charge was going around
handing out sheets of paper that told of a rescue that she told me was not
WarmFuzzy but some other rescue.  This rescue was supposed to have done
something wrong but yet I was elsewhere in the hall and overheard this same
lady tell someone that it in fact was WarnFuzzy.  How can fellow ferreters
do this to each other?  WarnFuzzy and committee put their first show on and
it was a success with only a few miner problems.  The only big problem was
the one that got blown out of proportion by the same people that would
not help but did ridicule the Hertzogs for trying to do their best.  The
February show for that time of the year was excellent even though some
people hurt some of their own by putting out a bad word on WarnFuzzy.
How can they live with themselves?  ARE YOU JEALOUS?

I want everyone to know that this is my birds - view and mine alone of what
the ferret community is starting to look like.  It isn't AFA as such NO
it's the few bad eggs we are supposed to be afraid of that try to run it
(badly) themselves instead of using all of a potentially good association.
Why don't you have something in your bylaws that let all the members be
eligible to nominate and vote for whom they want on the board and if you
do then let them utilize their rights?  We don't need a political CLICK.
in the ferret community.

I only want to offend those in the wrong.  To all others I apologize.  I
would like to see the ferret community grow for the better.  No one in the
ferret community knows it all so let's put our resources together and be
one big happy family.  It's for the fuzzies and us.

As always Happy Flat Ferreting
Ed Sr., Potto, Samantha, and Fuzzy
SEE YOU AT THE SHOWS

Sorry for the delay.  just got back from the Florida show which was another
great show and found out my letter got erased from the FML and just got to
redoing it now.