From:
Lori Crosland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:09:32 EST
Wow.  The posts are coming in like mad about the Meadows Pet store.  I
am going in today to see what's going on now.  As far as the following
comments go, let me give my opinion.

1. Someone should buy the ferrrets and get them out.
My opinion is not to do this.  I could afford to do that but that would
just teach the pet store that they can mistreat animals and they will sell
better.

2. Call the media.
We have heard from our local news channels who sadly report that they have
already tried doing stories but the city & state could not help.  They can
only place fines and that is not enough to stop the insanity.

3. Sneak in and let them all loose.
The ferrets would surely die.  They could not even make it out of the
parking lot I'm quite sure.

4. Supply toys and hammocks.
This pet store will not hear of anything having to do with these guys.
They will not let us help.  We tried.

I think our best attack is being seen and heard.  PLEASE DO NOT BUY PETS
from Meadows Pet Store!  Let them know what we think of their store!  Keep
calling the Meadows Mall and Animal Control and report specific details of
what is seen there.